Title image - Warsop Web
Link to home page
Parish Council

 

Warsop Parish Council Meeting Minutes
Town Hall, Church Street
Market Warsop, Mansfield, Notts.NG20 0AL
Tel: 01623 846011

MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on MONDAY, 21st SEPTEMBER, 2009 in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Market Warsop.
Present: Cllrs. E. Hill, Vice-Chair, J. Kerr, S. Shields, A. Wetton & B. Lilley (Mansfield District Councillors), M. Kavanagh, B. Smith, D. Priest, and J. Heald.
Jeremy Reagan, MDC to give a talk on Participatory Budget for the Partnership. PCSO’s Matt Cooper and Gina Fletcher.

Apologies for Absence: Cllrs. S. Moody, Chairman, (Bereavement) and P. Crawford (on holiday), J. Allin (Nottinghamshire County Councillor).

No public or press present.

In the absence of The Chairman, Cllr. Hill Vice-Chair opened the meeting as acting Chair and welcomed everyone. On behalf of the Parish Council he passed on condolences to Cllr. Moody and his family for their recent tragic loss.

8270. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST - The Chairman drew the attention of Members to declare any personal or prejudicial interests related to agenda items.
Warsop Carnival – Cllrs. S. Moody, (Chairman), S. Shields and E. Hill (Liaison)
CCTV/Age Concern – Cllrs. J. Allin, P. Crawford (AC) and B. Smith (AC)
WPRA – Cllrs. J. Kerr, P. Crawford.
Warsop Town Centre Action Group/Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Meden Vale The Future – Cllrs. S. Shields and J. Kerr.
Meden Vale Community Association – Cllrs. J. Kerr and S. Shields
Warsop Vale Community Association – Cllrs. J. Kerr and S. Shields
Meden Under 8’s & Warsop Plough Jnr FC - Cllr. M. Kavanagh.
Market Warsop Players – Cllr. S. Moody
Meden Vale the Future – Cllrs. J. Allin, J. Kerr and S. Shields
Assoc of Labour Councillors – Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, S. Shields, D. Priest, J. Kerr P. Crawford and Stuart Moody.

8271. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - The minutes of the last Parish Council meeting on Monday 20th JULY, 2009 were accepted as a true record.

The Chairman closed the meeting, welcomed Jeremy Regan and invited him to speak. Jeremy gave an update on how the Participatory Budget will work, the criteria for bids and who can vote, the amount in the pot at the moment is £18,558.00 but may increase if other service providers add to the pot. An event will be held on 21st November in Warsop, details are to be confirmed. The Chair allowed discussion to take place with the Councillors in order that they can be clear on how the process will work.

The Chairman thanked Jeremy then re-opened the meeting.
There were no matters arising.

8272. CRIME AND DISORDER – Matt Cooper told the meeting that Anti-Social Behaviour is down by 15% this month, the Police Team have been working with MDC regarding issue of DPPO’s and this seems to be working. The Police Team have also been organising projects with the kids and these have been successful. The mobile CCTV unit has also been out with has reduced crime. Off road motorbikes still remain a problem but with the Police not being able to catch them they have to rely on positive identification to do anything. Cllr. Kerr thanked the Warsop Police Team for all their efforts, not just policing the Parish but taking the time, beyond the call of duty to engage with our youth.

8273. PLANNING & APPLICATIONS –
a. 224 Egmanton Rd – 2 storey rear extension
b. Warsop Ex-servicemens – replace conservatory with single storey ext.
c. Land adjacent to 19 Mosscarr Cl – detached house
No comments were made.

8274. WARSOP TOWN HALL - Cllr. Kerr reported on a recent meeting with MDC officers and then an emergency meeting with some of the Steering Group, the results of which are highlighted in an article handed to every member to appear on the front page of the October edition of the Warsop & District News. Tania asked if the members wanted her to go ahead, the chairman asked for a show of hands 7 for, 2 against, the motion was carried to print the article. Cllr. Lilley asked members to help her organise another meeting with MDC officers to see if we could move forward with some support from them.

8275. THE CARRS – The Clerk read out the letters from FofTC and The Chairman’s reply, it appears the FofTC do not want the PC to be involved with the de-silting project. Cllr. Kerr said, he is almost sure that most of the funding is now in place for it to commence and will contact Tim Downes, Parks Manager, MDC to confirm that. The Chairman commented that the new bridge is now being made by Earl Engineering.

8276. MEDEN BATHS – Repairs have been completed, mainly decorating and replacement of tiles, Cllr. Lilley commented that it looks a lot better but more needs to be done, she donated her £1,000 allowance towards the repairs. A letter from Eddie Smith has been received inviting the ward Councillors to join him on a site visit.

8277. WARSOP CEMETERY – No complaints have been received.

8278. NEIGHBOURHOOD PARTNERSHIP – Cllr. Kerr reported that a meeting has been arranged for Tuesday 13th October at St. Teresa’s at 6pm.

8279. WARSOP AND DISTRICT NEWS – Tania had some good news to report, the October edition is the biggest ever at 24 pages. After a few months of the revenue being down there has been a massive upturn for the October edition she also asked that the Parish Council thank Karen Smith, Design2 Studio for all the hard work she has put in over the years. Tania also said that Karen is as passionate about the paper as she is and their partnership has made it go from strength to strength. The Chairman echoed Tania’s praise for Karen with all the work she does not only for the paper but Warsop’s Got Talent, Panto and the Carnival.

8280. WARSOP CARNIVAL – In the absence of Cllr. Moody there was nothing to report. Cllr. Kerr told the meeting that the Mayor assured him that he will take care of the invoice from MDC Parks Dept., for this year’s Carnival.

8281. SCOUT CAMP – This was initially discussed at the last F&GP meeting with a view of the Parish Council purchasing the land, it was recommended that if the land could be acquired at the bid price of £8,000 - £10,000 a proposal to the Full Council would be made. However, Cllr. Crawford had asked MDC Property Services if the Parish Council could purchase it prior to auction but it was refused. Cllr. Wetton added that and in his opinion the PC shouldn’t be purchasing it as MDC had no right to sell it as Warsop Urban District Council had given it to MDC in the first place, therefore, it should be gifted back to the Parish.

8282. CHRISTMAS COMMUNITY EVENT – The Clerk reported that a couple of successful meetings had taken place and plans were underway. Christmas trees have been ordered and will be erected by the fire service, the application to close both High Street and Sherwood Street has been sent off, the diversion signs and cones will be supervised by the Police, booking forms for stalls have been printed these will be available at the Town Hall and other venues. Information about the event will be in the October edition of Warsop News.

8283. F&GP MEETING – Minutes were handed to each member.

8284. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Lloyds TSB Current Account – 21 Sep 09 …………… £6,759.58
Lloyds TSB Premier Account – 21 Sep 09 ………… £47,470.10
Paid in for W&DN 21 Jul 09 – 21 Sep 09…………… £2,957.00
V0554. MDC – Rent 01/05 – 30/07 ……………….. £562.50 (chq issued 24/08/09)
Agreed to pay at F&GP
V0555. MDC planning application for Market Cross (loan to WPRA) …… £170.00
V0556. Checker Signs – Sign writing Council Chamber boards …………...£105.00
Agreed to pay at FCM:
V0557. Delivery of Warsop News ………........................................ £300.00
V0558. Petty Cash – stamps …………………..…………………… £45.00
V0559. Design 2 – W&DN Oct edition ………………………… £800.00
V0560. Mortons – W&DN Oct edition …………………………… £1,153.00
V0561. Warsop Plough Junior FC- Recommended to pay ………… £200.00
V0562. MDC – Hanging Baskets …………………………………… £195.50
V0563. NCC – Photocopying Apr 09 – Jul 09 ………………………. £115.50
V0564. Clements Keys External Audit ……………………………… £632.50
V0565. Spencers – compost, bulbs & flowers ………………………. £56.17
V0566. Notts County Supplies – Stationary ………………………….. £81.48
V0567. Morton’s Print Ltd – W&DN Oct edition 4 extra pages …….. £41.00
V0568. MDC – Town Hall Hanging Basket ………………………… £40.25

8285. ANNUAL RETURN – The Clerk reported that the Annual Return had been returned and signed by the External Auditors, Clements Keys.

8286. YOUTH COUNCIL – As a meeting took place last Friday night there is no information.

8287. CORRESPONDENCE
a. Letter from Mrs. J. Daniels – Hetts Lane Holiday Club.
The Clerk read out the letter requesting funding and is to send out a s137 form and defer it to the next F&GP meeting.
b. Email from Tim Priestley.
The Clerk read out an email which was in reply to the F&GP’s refusal to offer to fund a project to an individual. The PC confirmed that under the Local Government Act 1972 section 137 applications could not be accepted from individuals and could only be accepted from community groups or charities with a constitution, and the project would directly benefit the community. Cllr. Heald commented that whilst the law prevents the PC from helping financially in this case, the book would indeed benefit the community, all members agreed and ideas were discussed how the PC could help. He asked the Clerk to look into the suggestions made and email a reply.
c. Letter from Paul Vials, 3 Lions – Application for a donation for fireworks.
This was refused.
d. DUWC – Thank you letter for the donation of £100.

8288. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL - In the absence of Cllr. Allin there was no report.
a. Planter outside Library, this has been in place for sometime and being used as a litter bin, The Clerk offered to plant it up but it is huge, Cllr. Hill asked Trevor from Spencers about prices for compost and plants and he offered to supply everything at cost and he would move and plant it up for us. The Clerk asked that a thank you letter be sent to Trevor.

8289. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL – Cllr. Lilley gave the date of the last brown bin collection 16th Nov and the start date for next year 8th March.
Bev Smith, Corporate Director Customer Service, Community Safety and Regulatory Services MDC accepted our invitation to attend our next meeting.

8290. NALC – AGM Wednesday 18th November, Epperstone Village Hall

8291. DATE OF NEXT MEETING - Monday 19th October, 2009.

The Chair thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting.


Signed ………………………………. Date ……………………..
Vice-Chair Warsop Parish Council

 

 



Return to Parish Council Menu >>>>

 

Button linking to Articles section

Button linking to Business section

Button linking to Education section

Button linking to Food and Drink

Button linking to Leisure section

Button linking to Links section

Button linking to Messages section

Button linking to Property section

Button linking to Service section

Button linking to Warsop and District News

Slide show of Warsop images linking to gallery

Gallery

ICRA label graphic- linking to ICRA page

Bobby Approved (v 3.2)

Update 12/10/09

Warsop & District News

Warsop Web logo

Contact us

Local Weather

BT Phone Book

National Lottery

Where is Warsop

Bus/Train Times