Title image - Warsop Web
Link to home page
Parish Council


Warsop Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 21st April 2008
Town Hall, Church Street
Market Warsop, Mansfield, Notts.NG20 0AL
Tel: 01623 846011

MINUTES of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on MONDAY 21st APRIL 2008 at The Town Hall, Church Street, Market Warsop.

Present: Cllrs. J. Kerr, (Chairman), M. Kavanagh (Vice-Chair), S. Shields (Mansfield District Councillor), P. Crawford (Mansfield District Councillor), A. Wetton, (Mansfield District Councillor), Cllr. B. Lilley (Mansfield District Councillor), J. Heald, S. Moody, D. Priest and E. Hill.
Members of the Public, Representative of Warsop Road Safety Group and CHAD Reporter.

Apologies for Absence: Cllr. J. Allin (Nottinghamshire County Councillor), County Buisness, Warsop Policing Team unavailable. Apologies noted and accepted.

7993. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST - The Chairman drew the attention of Members to the requirement for them to declare any personal or prejudicial interests related to agenda items.
Warsop Carnival – Cllrs. S. Moody, (Chairman), S. Shields and E. Hill (Liason)
CCTV/Age Concern – Cllrs. J. Allin, P. Crawford (AC) and B. Smith (AC)
WPRA – Cllrs. J. Kerr, P. Crawford and B. Lilley
Warsop Town Centre Action Group/Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Warsop Town Centre Action Group – Cllr.B. Lilley
Meden Vale 2000 – Cllrs. S. Shields and J. Kerr.
Meden Vale Community Association – Cllrs. J. Kerr and S. Shields
Warsop Vale Community Association – Cllrs. J. Kerr and S. Shields
Meden Under 8’s - Cllr. M. Kavanagh.
Warsop NMT – Cllrs. S. Moody (Chair), J. Kerr and B. Lilley
Meden Vale the Future – Cllrs. J. Allin and S. Shields
Assoc of Labour Councillors – Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, S. Shields, D. Priest, J. Kerr P. Crawford and Stuart Moody

7994. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - The minutes of the last Parish Council meeting on MONDAY 17TH MARCH 2008 were circulated and accepted as a true record.

7995. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION – The Chairman closed the meeting to allow public participation.
1. A member of the public reported that he had seen several vehicles mounting the kerb on Clumber Street, to get into the entrance to the car park, the flower shop is making the situation worse on Clumber Street by putting things outside the shop, as the pavement isn’t very wide pedestrians are having to step into the road. He also reported vehicles coming out of the car park onto Clumber Street but there are no signs now to prohibit exit.
2. The same member of the public reported a problem up Mount Crescent, the piece of waste land in the middle, fires are being started on there, he asked if there are any plans do anything with it.
3. Another member of the public asked The Chairman if there have been any decisions made with regard to the speed humps by Notts County Council.

The Chairman introduced Anita Bradley, Head of legal members services, MDC who gave a talk on the changes at the Standards Board for England, complaints after 8th May must be address to the standards committee at MDC, she told the meeting that training will be made available and she would support the Parish Council with the new model Code of Conduct. She also asked the Parish Council for 2 new members for the Standards Committee, Cllrs. E. Hill and M. Kavanagh were proposed and seconded for the role.

1. The Chairman commented that Clumber Street would be much safer when the one-way system is in place. Cllr. Eric Hill commented that the ‘No Exit’ out of the car park was always advisory not compulsory.
2. The Chairman reported that there are plans to look at what kind of play area could be put in place up Mount Crescent.
3. The Chairman stated that no decisions have yet been made regarding the humps.

RECONVENE THE MEETING – The Chairman reconvened the meeting to allow the Council to carry on with their business.

7997. CRIME AND DISORDER – As there were no Police present a report was not available. The Clerk reported that the ATC are having problems again with youth anti-social behaviour, it has been reported to Warsop Police and PCSO Officers have been in the area. The Clerk asked about CCTV and was told that there is a camera that covers Carr Lane, although it may not cover the car park where they parade. Cllr. B. Lilley reported that she has requested that the lights down Carr Lane be left on later till 10.30pm, this could help the situation. The Chairman commented that as this is a police matter it is difficult to know what more the Parish Council can do. He assured the meeting that he and Cllr. S. Shields are having regular meetings with the Police to discuss matters in the Parish and to try and get more Police Officers for Warsop, Insp. Sam Wilson will be returning soon.

7998. WARSOP ROAD SAFETY GROUP – This was covered in public participation.

7999. PLANNING & APPLICATIONS – between 8th Mar – 4th Apr 08
Whilst the applications were being discussed Cllrs. Wetton, Lilley and Shields left the Council Chamber.
a. Rowan Villa Oakfield Lane – 7 bedroom care home
b. Land off Sherwood St & Oakfield Lane – 56 dwellings (s106)
c. 35 Birkland Ave – First floor rear extension
d. Ex-Servicesmen’s Club – Front and side extensions – resubmission
e. Cats Protection Shelter – Erection of cabin for office & reception
f. John Fretwell Sporting Centre – Extension to front of building
g. 3 Askew Lane –First floor rear extension, sun lounge & porch to rear
h. Elkesley House, Elkesley Rd – Outline application for 11 dwellings (s106)
i. The Workshop, Wood Ln – Application for lawful development certificate
j. Unit 10, Park Hall Rd – Extension to dwelling
k. Red Brick House – Construction of 5 timber chalets for holiday homes
Not on agenda : 27 Meden Glen, Extensions to front rear and side conservatory.
a. 54 Birkland Ave – retrospective application for front porch – granted
b. Welbeck Service Station – Development of 12 apartments - refused
c. Nettleworth Service Station – Change of use to car rental depot - granted
b. Land off Sherwood Street – Was discussed at length in particular the s106 agreement that is available on the development, The Chairman has spoken to Tim Downes, Parks Officer, MDC who told him there were plans for a new play area on Cottage Lane, this is open for discussion as there is a large pot of money available which could incorporate another project. The Chairman asked for ward councillors to arrange a meeting with Tim Downes to discuss it further. No other comments were made. The Councillors returned to the Council Chamber.

a. Thank you letter – The Clerk read out thank you letters from DIAL for the donation of £100, Unit 2000 for the donation of £301.10 for art and craft materials, some of the children had made their own thank you cards and these are displayed in the Clerk’s office. She also read out a letter addressed to Cllr. J. Allin thanking him for the prompt action to a telephone call she made about vandalism on the Cricket pitch.
b. Camelot – Each member received a copy of a letter from Camelot stating that the have no plans to have another Lottery outlet in Meden Vale.
c. Cllr. S. Moody read out an e-mail from Adrian Hardy regarding a complaint he made to the Standards Board for England against Cllrs. Moody, Hill and Shields about the Carnival Accounts and that he would withdraw his complaint if the Parish Council were to apologise to him. The Chairman replied that the Parish Council have no reason to apologise as it was an invalid and misleading complaint. Cllr. Moody did however, apologise as Chairman of the Carnival Committee for not removing Adrian Hardy’s signature from the accounts sooner.

8001. QUALITY STATUS – NALC have confirmed receipt of the application, one of the accreditation panel is on holiday for 3 weeks but on her return a meeting will be arranged.

8002. WARSOP CEMETERY – The works continue and improvements have been made to the cremated remains section, the subject of moles was discussed as the cemetery seems to be over run with them. The Clerk is to write to Danny McCrossan to see what can be done.

8003. WARSOP AND DISTRICT NEWS – The Clerk reported that the May edition had been completed, 20 pages this time with a few new advertisers. Cllr. Lilley asked if the Warsop News was now standing on its own, Cllr. Crawford replied that it had been for some time now and does even make a small profit which feeds back into the paper. Cllr. Smith gave a vote of thanks to Tania for all her hard work and all she has achieved so far with the paper.

8004. WARSOP CARNIVAL – Cllr. Moody, Chairman of Warsop Carnival Committee updated the Parish Council with the preparations, the main arena acts and It’s a Knockout are booked and everything seems to be in place once again for a great day, MDC have cut the amount of services they give to the Carnival but the committee plan to fight for more. The Parish Council pledged their annual donation of £4,000.00, which will be paid out at the next meeting. The Chairman gave a vote of thanks to all the volunteers who put in a lot of hard work all year to make the Carnival a success and for generating their own funds through sales of the DVD and Christmas cards.

8005. 3 PARISHES WALKS – The Clerk requested petty cash as set in the budget of £150 in order to give each group who walks a £10 donation to there chosen charity or community group. The full amount of £200 will not be needed this year as Dan Pendered-Wright, manager at the Parish Centre has offered to provide the refreshments.

8006. WARSOP NMT – Cllr. S. Moody reported that the new structure is still to be agreed and the way forward has to be planned. A meeting with Phil Lyons will be arranged on his return from holiday.

8007. FINANCE & GENERAL WORKING PARTY – The Clerk and Cllr. Crawford gave an account of the meeting which was held last week. The budgets were reviewed and were necessary a 5% inflation increase was added. The annual donations were recommended to stay the same, the panto funding would be on request and DARE funding would be reviewed in depth at the next F&GP meeting. £1,000 was recommended to be awarded to Infotech as they are experiencing financial difficulties, Iain Gilbert and Tracey Grant would be invited to the next F&GP meeting to discuss the future of Infotech and how the Parish Council can help to sustain them.
It was agreed unanimously to pay Infotech and give them support for the future.

239. Standing Orders - A copy was given to each member to be reviewed at the next full council meeting.

240. Financial Regulations - Had been reviewed and it was recommended that provision be built in for the Finance and General Purposes Working Party be allowed to make emergency payments when a payment has to be made prior to a full council meeting, it will then be taken to the next full council meeting for ratification. (6). Also the F&GP party to be able to make payments at any time on items that have already been agreed in the budget (6.4). Full Council agreed the amendments.

241. Risk Assessment – had been reviewed and had no recommendations for any amends were made. It was suggested by Cllr. P. Crawford that a Grants Officer should be appointed at the AGM and suggested Cllr. S. Moody (To be agreed by full council at the AGM).

8008. PRE-DEVELOPMENT GRANT – Cllr. Wetton wished to ask a question about the fund, Cllrs. Kerr and Crawford declared an interest and left the room. He asked if the cheque had been received yet. The Clerk replied that it has still not been received, but the invoices have been raised for prompt payment as soon as the monies are in our bank account. The Councillors returned to the meeting.

Ist half of the precept has been received £30,000.00
Lloyds TSB Current Account – 21 Apr 08 …………… £7,915.12
Lloyds TSB Premier Account – 21 Apr 08 ………… £63,188.00
Paid in for W&DN 20 Nov 07 – 21 Apr 08 …………… £1,835.00
It was agreed unanimously that the following accounts be paid
V0420. Three Parishes Walks ………………………….. £150.00
V0421. Infotech ………………………………………… £1,000.00
V0422. Delivery of Warsop News ………...........................£300.00
V0423. Petty Cash – stamps …………………..…………….£40.00
V0424. Mortons W&DN Dec edition ……………………£1,153.00
V0425. Design 2 – W&DN Dec edition ………………… £800.00
V0426. WPRA – feasibility study & development ……..£18,830.70
(not to be paid until monies have cleared the account)

8010. WPRA/TOWN CENTRE GROUP – No minutes received.

8011. WARSOP AREA ASSEMBLY - No minutes received.

8012. MEDEN VALLEY MAKING PLACES – Update received for information.

8013. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – As Cllr. John Allin was absent there was no report and highways issues have been dealt with in public participation.

8014. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL – The Chairman reported that a new wider bridge for the Carrs has now been ordered and the plans have been passed for it to be installed. Cllr. Lilley reported that she has donated her MDC Councillors allowance of £1,000 to Friends of the Carrs, and along with funding from Warsop Area Assembly the testing of the silt has now been done. Cllr. Wetton has awarded his allowance of £1,000 to MDC to help pay for services for the Carnival.
Cllrs. Kerr & Crawford donated theirs to WPRA. Cllr. Kerr has pledged his next year’s allowance of £1,000 to Welbeck Football Club along with Cllr. Shields who pledged £500 of her allowance to them.

8015. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday 19th May AGM

The Chairman thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting.

Signed ………………………………. Date ……………………..
Chairman Warsop Parish Council

Return to Parish Council Menu >>>>


Button linking to Articles section

Button linking to Business section

Button linking to Education section

Button linking to Food and Drink

Button linking to Leisure section

Button linking to Links section

Button linking to Messages section

Button linking to Property section

Button linking to Service section

Button linking to Warsop and District News

Slide show of Warsop images linking to gallery


ICRA label graphic- linking to ICRA page

Bobby Approved (v 3.2)

Update 9/5/08

Warsop & District News

Warsop Web logo

Contact us

Local Weather

BT Phone Book

National Lottery

Where is Warsop

Bus/Train Times