Title image - Warsop Web
Link to home page
Parish Council


Warsop Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 19th May 2008
Town Hall, Church Street
Market Warsop, Mansfield, Notts.NG20 0AL
Tel: 01623 846011

MINUTES of the Annual General Meeting of the Parish Council held on Monday 19th May 2008 in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Market Warsop.
Present: Cllrs. J. Kerr (Chairman), M. Kavanagh (Vice-Chair), J. Allin (Nottinghamshire County Councillor), A. Wetton, (Mansfield District Councillor), S. Shields (Mansfield District Councillor), B. Smith, D. Priest, P. Crawford, S. Moody, E. Hill. B. Lilley and J. Heald.
Members of the public and CHAD Reporter.
Apologies for Absence: Warsop Policing Team

Cllr. J. Kerr proposed M. Kavanagh, Cllr. P. Crawford seconded the motion and it was carried unanimously.
RESOLVED: Cllr. M. Kavanagh – Chairman

Cllr. A. Wetton proposed Cllr. S. Moody, Cllr. J. Allin seconded the motion and it was carried unanimously.
RESOLVED: Cllr. S. Moody – Vice-Chair

Declarations of acceptance of office of the Chairman was signed by M. Kavanagh and witnessed by T. Barlow, The Proper Officer. The new Chairman, Cllr. M. Kavanagh thanked the outgoing Chairman, Cllr. J. Kerr and then continued the meeting.

The Chairman’s allowance of £250.00 was set as agreed in the budget 2007/08. The outgoing Chairman asked that his allowance be donated to Warsop Parish Church.

8020. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST - The Chairman drew the attention of Members to the requirement for them to declare any personal or prejudicial interests related to agenda items. Cllr. S. Moody asked for Panto to be added.
Warsop Carnival – Cllrs. S. Moody, (Chairman), S. Shields and E. Hill (Liason)
CCTV/Age Concern – Cllrs. J. Allin, P. Crawford (AC) and B. Smith (AC)
WPRA – Cllrs. J. Kerr, P. Crawford and B. Lilley
Warsop Town Centre Action Group/Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Warsop Town Centre Action Group – Cllr.B. Lilley
Meden Vale 2000 – Cllrs. S. Shields and J. Kerr.
Meden Vale Community Association – Cllrs. J. Kerr and S. Shields
Warsop Vale Community Association – Cllrs. J. Kerr and S. Shields
Meden Under 8’s - Cllr. M. Kavanagh.
Warsop Community Panto – Cllr. S. Moody
Warsop NMT – Cllrs. S. Moody (Chair), J. Kerr and B. Lilley
Meden Vale the Future – Cllrs. J. Allin and S. Shields
Assoc of Labour Councillors – Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, S. Shields, D. Priest, J. Kerr P. Crawford and Stuart Moody

8021. APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVES - The list was amended and will be presented at the next meeting.

8022. STANDING ORDERS – It was agreed that Standing Orders be deferred until Quality Status had been gained.

8023. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - The minutes of the last Parish Council meeting on MONDAY 21st APRIL 2008 were circulated and accepted as a true record with some minor amendments.

The Chair closed the meeting
1. Iain Gilbert from Infotech thanked the Parish Council for their support in helping to keep their Manager, Tracey Grant in employment. Funding is still being sort with Parish, District and County working in partnership to try and achieve sustainability for the Group. It is an important resource that Warsop cannot afford to lose and all members agreed that the Parish Council should do everything to support it.
2. Roger Dodman from Warsop Road Safety Group told the meeting that they had a very positive meeting with Alan Meale MP and Stella Smedley, Portfolio Holder, NCC, Alan Meale MP is to source funding from Government to implement the scheme of a full review.
THE MEETING WAS RECONVENED – The Chairman reconvened the meeting.

1. Cllr. J. Kerr thanked Iain for all the hard work he does for Infotech on a voluntary basis and assured him that Infotech have the full support of the Parish Council.
2. Cllr. J. Allin warned the group not to get their hopes as there are no guarantees that the Government will fund the pilot scheme.

8025. CRIME AND DISORDER – An email was read out from PC Paul Bacon with an update on crime in the Parish, Motor Cycle nuisance is being tackled, the knife incident at Birklands is being investigated and Meden School children are being monitored at lunch times in respect of litter and nuisance. Crime is fairly low and holding steady. The Clerk also read out a report about Bottle marking which is being introduced in Warsop to see if the Police can identify where alcohol is being purchased to help try and stop under age purchases.

8026. PLANNING & APPLICATIONS - Received Between 1st April and 2nd May
a. 19 George Street – conservatory to rear
b. Nettleworth Manor – two storey extension , shed and store
c. 2 Argyle Close – conservatory
d. 5 Leeming Close – extension and carport
Decisions: John Fretwell Sporting Trust – front extension – granted
No comments were made.

8027. INFOTECH – Cllr. S. Moody thanked Iain for attending the NMT celebration evening.

a. The Clerk read out a letter from Sherwood School asking for funding for
DARE and told the meeting that there was funding available from the Week
of Action Event (see agenda item 21.)
b. Each member received a copy of a letter from Meden School asking for
funding for 17 students to take part in an expedition to Honduras.
It was agreed to invite Gareth Taylor, Teacher Co-ordinating Expedition, to our next F&GP meeting to discuss the project.

8029. WARSOP CEMETERY - was discussed at great length with the old complaint rearing its head again with grass cutting, not picking up the cuttings, thus leaving a mess everywhere. The improvements to the cremated remains are almost complete, the area now looks a lot better and all the plaques are now visible, although complaints have been received from some elderly parishioners finding the pebbles difficult to walk on but they should settle down in time. Cllrs. J. Kerr and S. Shield are on the monitoring committee at the Cemetery and agreed to bring up the issue of the grass cutting at the next meeting and also to look into the possibility of Warsop Parish Council taking the grass maintenance over again as this is always an issue and until the grass is picked up it will always be an issue. It was agreed to invite Sally Curtis, Registar and Cllr. Danny McCrossan to the next meeting.

8030. 3 PARISHES WALKS – The Clerk told the meeting that another successful day was had with around 50 walkers, the new walks introduced by Warsop Footpaths and Countryside Group were a success and everyone enjoyed the day. Dan Pendered-Wright, Manager at the Parish Centre provided the refreshments which were appreciated by all. Thanks go to RAYNET for providing the communications and the other volunteers who helped out on the day.

8031. WARSOP AND DISTRICT NEWS – The Clerk told the meeting that the June edition is almost finished and will again make 20 pages, the Carnival will feature predominately in this issue. The Chair thanked Tania for all her hard work and Cllr. J. Allin commented that the paper not only is distributed in the Parish but goes to Australia, Canada and lots of other countries.

8032. WARSOP CARNIVAL - Cllr. S. Moody gave an update of the progress of the Carnival and reported that everything was coming together nicely, he had attended a meeting with Mansfield District Council’s Environmental Health and they were very pleased with the risk assessments and Health and Safety provisions. Design of the cover for the Carnival programme has been decided and will be announced in the June edition of the Warsop & District News.

8033. WEEK OF ACTION – Cllr. J. Kerr gave a report of the meeting with Chris Thompson, Notts Police Partnership Officer, funding of £15,000 is available for Warsop and DARE was suggested for all the schools at a cost of £4,000. Cllr. S. Moody commented that Birklands may not want DARE, The Chair also commented that Church Vale would not want DARE but some other drug awareness programme. Cllr. J. Kerr commented that all suggestions would be considered. Other projects will be looked at and all service providers will attend the Week of Action to help combat crime and disorder.

8034. WPRA/TOWN CENTRE GROUP – Minutes received for information only.

8035. WARSOP AREA ASSEMBLY – Minutes received for information only.

8036. MEDEN VALLEY MAKING PLACES – Each member received a copy of an update, work to the play area and relocation of the war memorial at Warsop Vale has commenced, an event will be arranged to open the park and commemorate the war memorial shortly after completion.

Lloyds TSB Current Account – 19 May 08 …………… £4,844.00
Lloyds TSB Premier Account – 19 May 08 ………… £63,188.00
Paid in for W&DN 22 Apr 08 – 19 May 08 …………… £1,543.00
Bank transfer of £8,000.00 from premier to current account
Pre-Development Grant fund of £14,123.00 paid into current account
(same amount now paid to WPRA)
It was agreed unanimously that the following accounts be paid
V0427. Delivery of Warsop News ………........................ £300.00
V0428. Petty Cash – stamps …………………..………… £40.00
V0429. Design 2 – W&DN June edition ……………… £800.00
V0430. Mortons June edition …………………………… £1,153.00
V0431. Footpaths Group Insurance …………………… £226.54
V0432. Lancashire, Derbyshire & East Coast Railway …… £10.00
The first half of the precept has now been paid into our Premier Account
Annual Donations – s137 agreed in 2008/09 budget.
V0433. Warsop in Bloom ………………………………… £750.00
V0434. Welbeck Welfare FC ……………………………… £50.00
V0435. Meden Vale 2000 ………………………………… £250.00
V0436. WPRA Christmas Lights ……………………… £1,000.00
V0437. WPRA rent for storage of market stalls ………… £300.00
V0438. CAB ……………………………………………… £500.00
V0439. RAYNET – 3PW…………………….…………… .£200.00
V0440. Footpaths Group Insurance ………………………..£356.54
V0441. Warsop Carnival ……………………………….. £4,000.00
V0442. Warsop Parish Church (Chairman’s Allowance) £250.00

8038. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL - Cllr. J. Allin commented on the fantastic 2 day event, over the weekend for the BMX National event which was very well attended. Cllr. J. Kerr also commented on the BMX weekend and thanked all who had provided financial support, it was agreed to send a letter to Steve Osbourne to congratulate the club on such a successful event. Cllr. Allin also told the meeting that Civil parking enforcement had commenced but there were no plans as yet as to the enforcements in the Parish, they are asking for people to phone up to tell them where the hot spots are. He commented that they had encountered problems with the footpath up to the John Fretwell Sporting Trust as they had been told this is a bat corridor, further meetings are arranged to discuss this problem.

Cllr. S. Moody asked if the skate park graffiti could be covered up with proper graffiti art, Cllr. B. Lilley will make enquiries. Cllr. Lilley asked members if the Parish Council are still providing financial support for hanging baskets, The Clerk replied that it is in the budget and will inform MDC. Cllr. Lilley told members that the recent article in the CHAD stating that the Cottage Lane play area is to be removed, was wrong, if the plans are passed for the new development on Sherwood Street, the park will be replaced. She also told the meeting that the trees that had been taken down on Friar Lane are being replaced. Cllr. Moody thanked Cllr. Lilley.

Before the Chair closed the meeting Cllr. S. Moody officially invited her to the Carnival.

8040. DATE OF NEXT MEETING - Monday 16th June 2008

The Chair thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting.

Signed ………………………………. Date ……………………..
Chair Warsop Parish Council

Return to Parish Council Menu >>>>


Button linking to Articles section

Button linking to Business section

Button linking to Education section

Button linking to Food and Drink

Button linking to Leisure section

Button linking to Links section

Button linking to Messages section

Button linking to Property section

Button linking to Service section

Button linking to Warsop and District News

Slide show of Warsop images linking to gallery


ICRA label graphic- linking to ICRA page

Bobby Approved (v 3.2)

Update 6/6/08

Warsop & District News

Warsop Web logo

Contact us

Local Weather

BT Phone Book

National Lottery

Where is Warsop

Bus/Train Times