Title image - Warsop Web
Link to home page
Parish Council

 

Warsop Annual Parish Meeting Minutes - 21 January 2008
Town Hall, Church Street
Market Warsop, Mansfield, Notts.NG20 0AL
Tel: 01623 846011

MINUTES of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on MONDAY 21st JANUARY 2008 at The Town Hall, Church Street, Market Warsop.

Present: Cllrs. J. Kerr, (Chairman), M. Kavanagh (Vice-Chair), J. Allin (Nottinghamshire County Councillor), S. Shields (Mansfield District Councillor), A. Wetton, (Mansfield District Councillor), B. Smith, J. Heald, S. Moody, D. Priest and E. Hill
Members of the Public, Warsop Policing Team, Representatives of Warsop Road Safety Group and CHAD Reporter.

Apologies for Absence: Cllr. P. Crawford (Mansfield District Councillor) - on holiday, Cllr. B. Lilley (Mansfield District Councillor) at MDC meeting.
Apologies accepted.

7933. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST - The Chairman drew the attention of Members to the requirement for them to declare any personal or prejudicial interests related to agenda items. Warsop Carnival – Cllrs. S. Moody, S. Shields and E. Hill
CCTV/Age Concern – Cllrs. J. Allin, P. Crawford (AC) and B. Smith (AC)
WPRA – Cllrs. J. Kerr, P. Crawford and B. Lilley
Warsop Town Centre Action Group/Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Warsop Town Centre Action Group – Cllr.B. Lilley
Meden Vale 2000 – Cllrs. S. Shields and J. Kerr.
Meden Vale Community Association – Cllrs. J. Kerr and S. Shields
Warsop Vale Community Association – Cllrs. J. Kerr and S. Shields
Meden Under 8’s - Cllr. M. Kavanagh.
Warsop NMT – Cllrs. S. Moody (Chair), J. Kerr and B. Lilley
Meden Vale the Future – Cllrs. J. Allin and S. Shields
Assoc of Labour Councillors – Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, S. Shields, D. Priest, J. Kerr P. Crawford and Stuart Moody

7934. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING - The minutes of the last Parish Council meeting, on Monday 19th November 2007 were circulated and accepted as a true record.
7918. Cllr. J. Heald read out comments from Cllr. B. Lilley regarding the planning restrictions on the old Nettleworth Service Station site, because it is in a rural location and the planning department do not want any trees chopped down, the application was refused. It was suggested that a letter be sent to MDC as this is an eyesore in a rural location.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION – The Chairman closed the meeting to allow the public to speak.
1. A member of the public asked if a footpath could be put in down the back lane to Church Warsop to make it safer for pupils walking to Meden School he also told the meeting that Eastwood’s had closed.
2. George Kennedy, Chairman of Friends of the Carrs, representing Mr.& Mrs. Small and their complaint of Jack’s snacks in the Carrs car park, opposite their house, the Old Mill House, a lengthy discussion took place. The main concern is that of a road safety issue on the A60, with articulated lorries parking on the road, reversing into the car park and Meden School Pupils going for their lunch. George also told the meeting that Pollarding of the Willow trees would be taking place soon, together with re-surfacing of the path up to the bungalow.
3. Iain Gilbert of Infotech asked that the Parish Council keep his group informed of any developments with the Town Hall. He also gave a short talk on Asset Transfer.
4. A member of the public asked why the Parish Council had a private meeting prior to letting the public in.

THE MEETING WAS RECONVENED – The Chairman reconvened the meeting.

7935. MATTERS ARISING OUT OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
1. Cllr. J. Allin reported that a footpath will be included when the new Meden School is built in 2010 and other road safety issues around the school will be looked at. He confirmed that Eastwoods had ceased trading.
2. PC Bacon echoed the road safety aspects and Cllr. J. Allin is to speak to the Highways Department. One of the other concerns is the sighting of the burger van in a newly laid car park, which is used by people attending funerals and weddings, and is in the most picturesque part of the Carrs which recently won Pride of Place. The car park was recently re-laid by under NCC BBC funding, the lorries will ruin the surface and the question was asked if MDC would pay for repairs. Councillors suggested that the van be moved outside the telephone exchange.
3. The Chairman confirmed that they would keep all the building users informed of any progress, when the Parish Council have had a meeting with NCC and MDC, a meeting would be called involving all the building users. He also said that a meeting is scheduled with MDC about Asset Transfer, both The Mayor and Ruth Marlow are looking at the Town Hall becoming a central focal point for Warsop incorporating more MDC services.
4. The Chairman replied that as the Councillors only get to meet at the meetings, and there is lots of paper work relevant to the agenda, they meet half an hour before to discuss the agenda and read through the paperwork.

7936. CRIME AND DISORDER – PC Paul Bacon gave his monthly report, crime figures are down in Warsop, not much anti-social behaviour, the team are targeting Motorcycle Nuisance together with youth anti-social behaviour in Meden Vale. He said his Policing Team are working to improve litter and are working with Meden School at lunchtimes and the pupils are responding well. He echoed his concerns about the burger van being badly sited. The Chairman asked if there would be any changes when the Wardens are mainstreamed, PC Bacon replied that he is looking to get their shift patterns in line with Police, Mark will remain in Warsop and Sam will concentrate on Church Warsop and Meden Vale.

7937. WARSOP ROAD SAFETY GROUP – Roger Dodman reported accident statistics received from NCC clearly show that comparing the full four years before the implementation of the scheme with the full four years following implementation of the scheme that there has been a significant increase in reported accidents. This does not take account of all the non- reported accidents, of which there has been many. Their statistics also show that on Sherwood Street a high percentage of the traffic is still exceeding the speed limit and that vehicle speed as high as 80 MPH has been recorded. We are awaiting further proposals from NCC. Our MP John Mann and Warsop Parish Council have agreed to allow the Group to publish its updates on their respective Web Sites. The Group are thankful for this opportunity as this will allow us to reach a greater audience.
Cllr. J. Allin read out a letter he had received from Cllr. Stella Smedley, NCC, detailing the highways improvements that they have agreed to put in place. The chicanes are to be removed on Sherwood Street, replaced with cushions (Cllr. J. Allin is to ask them not to put cushions back) the addition of interactive signs and a plateau outside Sherwood School with the possibility of a zebra crossing at a later date. Forest Road speed is to be reduced to 40 or 30 and the Clumber Street, Sherwood Street one-way scheme is also being looked at. Burns Lane improvements will come in with the plans for the New Meden School and a barrier is going in outside the Health Centre, the stone building at the side will house the chemist sometime in February. The issue of traffic lights on Eastlands Lane is also being looked instead of Bishop’s walk. The Chairman asked The Clerk to arrange another meeting with highways to move things forward.

7938. WARSOP TOWN HALL – The Chairman reported that he had a ward walk with Ruth Marlow, Managing Director, MDC and discussed the Town Hall. He reported that NCC still hadn’t given notice to quit, this will probably happen round about April then things will start to progress. Mrs. Marlow would like representatives NCC, MDC and the Parish Council to work together in partnership.

7939. PLANNING & APPLICATIONS – none received for Parish
Spion Kop – the new plans are to be presented to planning on Feb 4th
Decisions: up to 11th Jan 08
47 Robin Hood Ave, Convert Semi-detached dwelling into 2 flats - granted

7940. WARSOP CEMETERY – The Chairman reported that the work was progressing and no complaints had been received in the past couple of months. Ruth Marlow also visited the cemetery on her ward walk and was pleased with the improvements, a monitoring group has been set up to feed back to MDC.

7941. CORRESPONDENCE:
a. Letter from Mr & Mrs Small – complaint about burger van in Carrs car park
This item has been dealt with in public participation after being presented by
George Kennedy, Friends of the Carrs.
b. A copy of an email from Adrian Hardy was given to each member and it
was unanimously agreed to pass it onto the Parochial Church Council.
c. Thank you letter from Royal British Legion – The Clerk read the letter out
which thanked the Parish Council for all their help and support for the
Remembrance Sunday parade.

7942. WARSOP AND DISTRICT NEWS – The Clerk reported the Karen and herself had almost finished the February edition and it was going to be 20 pages again. It was agreed at the F&GP meeting to increase the deliverers pay to £5 per 100 as it was getting increasingly difficult to get reliable people to deliver it.

7943. WARSOP NMT & YOUTH COUNCIL – Cllr. S. Moody reported that there was nothing to report as they haven’t had a meeting yet. A new approach to the Youth Council is needed and they are looking at ways to get them involved. He asked if he could just mention the community the Panto to say that it was a success and another is planned for this Christmas. The Chairman took the opportunity to say thanks to the cast and everyone else who was involved for a fantastic Pantomime.

7944. MEDEN VALE 2000 – Minutes received for information only.

7945. WPRA/TOWN CENTRE GROUP – Minutes received for information only.

7946. WARSOP AREA ASSEMBLY – Minutes received for information only.

7947. MEDEN VALLEY MAKING PLACES – Update received for information.

7948. FINANCE AND GENERAL PURPOSES WORKING PARTY
a. NCC Pre-Development Grant – Nothing to report at the moment.
b. The budget was discussed at length, the F&GP working party recommended
a 0% increase for the precept for the financial year 2008/09. The Chairman
asked the full council for ratification.

7949. PRECEPT – Cllr. P. Crawford proposed the motion, Cllr. John Kerr seconded
it and a show of hands counted a unanimous decision to set the precept at
£60,000.00 the same as last year.
RESOLVED: The precept to set at £60,000 and MDC advised of the decision.

7950. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Request for a bank transfer of £10,000 from the Premier to the Current account.
Lloyds TSB Current Account – 21 Jan 08 …………… £5,941.00
Lloyds TSB Premier Account – 21 Jan 08 ………… £46,617.00
Paid in for W&DN 20 Nov 07 – 21 Jan 08 …………… £2,982.00
It was agreed unanimously that the following accounts be paid
Transfer £10,000.00 from Premier to Current account
V0390. Delivery of Warsop News ………............................. £300.00
V0391. Petty Cash – stamps …………………..…………….. £40.00
V0392. Design 2 – W&DN Dec edition ………………… £800.00
V0393. Mortons W&DN Dec edition …………………… £1,153.00
V0394. S137 – Royal British Legion ……………………… £500.00
V0395. S137 - Old Warsop Society ……………………… £250.00
V0396. MDC – WPRA store of market stalls – rates …….. £183.69
V0397. Notts News – annual subscription ………………… £10.00
V0398. MDC – Recharges for Parish Council elections … £7,193.80
V0399. SLCC – Annual Subscription …………………… £161.00
V0400. Bellway/MVMP – Move Warsop Vale War Memorial £1,000.00
Voucher No. V0398. It was agreed not to pay this invoice until a full investigation of the charges have been made. Councillors thought that the invoice was excessive as it was only an election for one ward. Finance Officer, Cllr. P. Crawford will look into the matter further and The Chairman asked The Clerk to check with NALC.

7951. QUALITY STATUS – Due to the illness of the Clerk and Christmas Holidays nothing more has been done. The Clerk told members she was aiming to get it finished by the end of this month and will ask Cllr. S. Moody to check it before its submitted.

7952. NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL – Cllr. J. Allin had nothing to add that had already been discussed earlier.

7953. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL – Cllr. A. Wetton commented on the Big Waste Debate and that the Mayor has announced that there will not be a weekly green bin collection in the summer.

7954. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – The Chairman called a special meeting for Councillors to discuss the LAA and the future of the Town Hall.
Next Full Council Meeting - Monday 18th February, 2008

7955. The Chairman thanking everyone for attending and closing the meeting.


Signed ………………………………. Date ……………………..
Chairman Warsop Parish Council

Return to Parish Council Menu >>>>

 

Button linking to Articles section

Button linking to Business section

Button linking to Education section

Button linking to Food and Drink

Button linking to Leisure section

Button linking to Links section

Button linking to Messages section

Button linking to Property section

Button linking to Service section

Button linking to Warsop and District News

Slide show of Warsop images linking to gallery

Gallery

ICRA label graphic- linking to ICRA page

Bobby Approved (v 3.2)

Update 30/1/08

Warsop & District News

Warsop Web logo

Contact us

Local Weather

BT Phone Book

National Lottery

Where is Warsop

Bus/Train Times