Title image - Warsop Web
Link to home page
Parish Council

 

Warsop Parish Council Meeting Minutes - 16th January 2006
These are draft minutes to be approved at the next meeting.

Warsop Parish Council
Town Hall, Church Street
Market Warsop, Mansfield, Notts.NG20 0AL
Tel: 01623 846011

MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 16th January, 2006 in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Market Warsop at 18.30 hours.
Present: Cllrs. J. Kerr (Chairman), P. Crawford (Vice-Chairman), R. Morton (Mansfield District Councillor), S. Shields (Mansfield District Councillor), B. Smith, V. Jennings and D. Priest.

Also Present: Peter Thom, Highways NCC, Carol Moon, Meden Valley Making Places (MVMP), Stuart Moody, Carnival Committee, Neighbourhood Wardens, a member of the public and a CHAD reporter.
Apologies for Absence: Cllrs. J. Allin (Nottinghamshire County Councillor), A. Wetton, (Mansfield District Councillor), D. Avison, M. Kavanagh and L. Graham. Apologies noted and accepted.

7488. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PERSONAL AND PREJUDICIAL INTEREST
The Chairman drew the attention of Members to the requirement for them to declare any personal or prejudicial interests related to agenda items.
CCTV/Age Concern - Cllr. J. Allin
Christmas Lights/Welbeck Colts - Cllr. A. Wetton
Meden Vale 2000 - Cllrs. S. Shields, R. Morton, J. Kerr and V. Jennings
Warsop and Villages Enterprise Society WAVES - Cllrs. J. Allin, R. Morton, S. Shields and M. Kavanagh
Friends of the Carrs - Cllr. L. Graham
Church Warsop Tenants & Residents Association/Meden Under 5's - Cllr. M. Kavanagh.
Leicester Housing Association - Cllr. V. Jennings
Market Warsop Traders Association - Cllr. A. Wetton
Warsop in Bloom - Cllr. B. Smith
Association of Labour Councillors - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, S. Shields and R. Morton.

7489. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Minutes for the Parish Council meeting Monday 21st November, 2005 were accepted as a true record.

7490. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
The Chairman introduced Stuart Moody, Carnival Committee, he told members the dates for this year's carnival are 8th and 9th July, acts are booked but awaiting confirmation and there will be a sponsored bungee jump. Stuart asked if the Parish Council is to continue to support the Carnival, the chairman replied that financially the Parish Council will provide £4,000 and other support as provided in the past. He also asked members for their opinion about a Town Crier for Warsop, it would be a volunteer position and the Carnival would apply for funding for a uniform. The Council agreed it would be a good idea and would support the project.
Stuart thanked the Parish Council for all their continued support.

The Chairman then introduced Carol Moon, Community Participation Officer, MVMP who gave an update on the Royal Estate and Warsop Vale. The Compulsory Purchase Orders Inquiry starts tomorrow and a letter of support was signed by the Chairman and handed to Carol for her to present tomorrow at the Civic Centre, there are no objections from the Royal Estate but there are from Warsop Vale. More demolition work is taking place, Pizza Stop has now been purchased and plans for the Royal Estate will be available soon. A visit had also been made to schools with Mark, Neighbourhood Warden to deter children playing on the Royal Estate, making them aware of the dangers. She also informed members that the website had been launched and will keep The Clerk informed of all developments. Cllr. P. Crawford asked if the car parking spaces would be more than 1½ per dwelling. Peter Thom replied that this is the National Standard and would not be increased.

Peter Thom from NCC Highways Department was introduced by the Chairman, and he gave an update on the suggestions regarding various highways issues in the Parish from a meeting that took place a year ago:
1. Hetts Lane - Looking into double yellow lines at the edge of the junction but is not high priority as there have been no reported accidents there.
2. Eastlands Lane - Will put a bid in for traffic lights.
3. Church Street - A bid could be submitted to BBC for improvements. Bollards could be put in to stop people parking on kerbs but the new enforcement laws coming in soon to stop motorists parking on kerbs, could deter people as the fines are high.
4. Audible crossing outside Town Hall - Will not be done as noises just confuse the blind.
5. Somerfield Drop Kerbs - MDC looking at putting in extra guard rails but are waiting for funding but still looking at putting refuges back in.
6. Unused Bus Shelters - have been taken down in Church Warsop and Meden Vale will be getting new ones when the design has been decided.
7. Spion Kop A60 - the concerns regarding the new housing development will be looked at with the planning department, it is possible that the developer may have to put refuges or a crossing in.
8. Cuckney Hill A60 - Peter suggested a letter from the Parish Council to the Police to do a mobile speed check in this area and he will look at a bid for interactive signage to be placed coming down the hill before the cemetery.
9. A one-way system was also discussed incorporating Clumber Street but in Peter's opinion this is not a good idea but if the Parish Council wish to pursue it a bid could be made to BBC through Cllr. John Allin.
10. Eastlands Lane at Meden Vale - Cllr. V. Jennings asked Peter Thom about more speed restrictions on this road as some motorists are not slowing down for the crossing, again Peter suggested a letter to the Police for a mobile speed unit.

The Chairman thanked Stuart, Carol and Peter for attending the meeting and asked if the member of public had anything he wished to ask, he replied he was interested in the item on the agenda regarding the derelict building at the side of the Town Hall.

THE CHAIRMAN RECONVENED THE MEETING

7491. MATTERS ARISING OUT OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION - As the Chairman had allowed discussion to take place there were no matters arising.

7492. CRIME AND DISORDER
Wardens gave their report informing the meeting that 12 ASBOS are to be issued in the Parish and a raid had taken place up at the Sand Bowl with Motorbike riders being turned away and cautions issued. A copy of an e-mail from Inspector Sam Wilson was given to each member updating the situation with officers in Warsop and a new PCSO has started but is still in training, there was also an explanation regarding the motorbike.

7493. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
a. Bentinck Terrace - single storey side extension.
b. Royal Estate - demolition of 15 properties - The Clerk read out which properties were to be demolished and no comments were made.
7494. MEDEN SWIMMING BATHS
A copy of a letter from Ruth Marlow, Managing Director of MDC, was sent out to all members detailing the difficulties regarding the ownership, The Chairman read out the terms of the copy lease which expired in July 2000, he suggest that further investigation is needed with a follow up letter to MDC.

7495. TREES - ROBIN HOOD AVENUE
As no reply has been received from Network Rail, the Chairman said that he would ring them and if he could not get a satisfactory answer would ask the Clerk to write to John Mann MP.

7496. DERELICT BUILDING AT SIDE OF TOWN HALL
The Clerk reported that the meeting before Christmas with Elizabeth Sanders, Property Services, NCC was cancel due to illness but was still waiting to hear when Elizabeth Sanders is to return to work to arrange another meeting. The Chairman suggested another letter by sent stressing the urgency of this matter.

7497. CEMETERY
All members were given a copy of a letter received from Sally Curtis, Registrar for Cemeteries MDC., asking the Parish Council for further information. Cllr. B. Smith suggested as a lengthy discussion is required it be deferred to a F&GP meeting, all members agreed.

7498. WARSOP AND DISTRICT NEWS
A summary of the paper was given to each member showing that it was more than breaking even at the end of this year and the success of the paper seems to be increasing. Cllr. P. Crawford wished to thank the Clerk for all her hard work bringing the paper from costing the Parish Council £1,000 per month, to making a small profit.

7499. ANNUAL RETURN 31st MARCH 2005
The Clerk reported that the return had been signed by Hacker Young and the recommendations from the Auditor are to be implemented, ensuring that a healthy General Reserve fund can be achieved.

7500. PRECEPT & F&GP RECOMMENDATONS
All members were given copies of the review and recommendations, it was proposed, seconded and carried unanimously that the precept be set at £60,000 to comply with the Local Government Finance Act of 1992 and the advice given by the Auditors. A statement from the Chairman is to appear in the March edition of the Warsop & District News.

7501. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Lloyds TSB Current Account - 16 Jan 06 ………… £3,575.29
Lloyds TSB Premier Account - 16 Jan 06 ………… £17,906.30
Paid in for W&DN from 21/11/05 - 16/01/06 ………... £1,680.00
It was agreed, unanimously, that the following accounts would be paid:
V0225 Delivery of W&DN - Feb 06 Edition ……………………. £180.00
V0226 Cash - Postage …………………………………….. £40.00

7502. CORRESPONDENCE
a. Royal British Legion - The Clerk read out a thank you letter.
b. Each member was supplied with a copy of information from NALC a request for a training seminar was presented and all members agreed the Clerk should attend.
c. Nottingham East Midlands Airport - Public Exhibition Dates for the Master Draft Plan

7503. MEDEN VALLEY MAKING PLACES - Report already received

7504. MEDEN VALE 2000 - Minutes were circulated to all members for information.

7505. WARSOP AREA ASSEMBLY - Minutes were circulated to all members for information.

7506. WPRA/TOWN CENTRE GROUP - Minutes were circulated to all members for information.

7507. NOTTS. COUNTY COUNCIL
As Cllr. J. Allin was absent from the meeting there was no report but the Clerk read out a letter from NCC stating that work on the Warsop Colliery Phase II Landscape and Reclamation scheme will commence today. She also gave every member a copy of a letter regarding the Notts Statement of Community Involvement pre-submission Draft 2005, the six week consultation period started on 6th Jan and will end 17th Feb 2006, giving members a chance to comment if they wished, the full document is available in the Clerks's Office. The Chairman pointed out two articles in Countylink of interest, one about a Parish Plan, which all members agreed would be a good idea and suggested the Clerk pursue the matter further with our Grants Officer, Cllr. L. Graham and come back to a future meeting with information. The other article being about Sherwood Forest becoming part of the Regional Park and a public meeting is to be held at the Oaklands on Thursday evening. Cllr. P. Crawford will attend.

7508. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL
Cllr. R. Morton had nothing to report as their first meeting of 2006 is not till 24th of this month.

7509. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 7.45pm


Signed …………………………………… Dated ……………………
Chairman Warsop Parish Council

Return to Parish Council Menu >>>>

 

Button linking to Articles section

Button linking to Business section

Button linking to Education section

Button linking to Food and Drink

Button linking to Leisure section

Button linking to Links section

Button linking to Messages section

Button linking to Property section

Button linking to Service section

Button linking to Warsop and District News

Slide show of Warsop images linking to gallery

Gallery

ICRA label graphic- linking to ICRA page

Bobby Approved (v 3.2)

Update 5/12/07

Warsop & District News

Warsop Web logo

Contact us

Local Weather

BT Phone Book

National Lottery

Where is Warsop

Bus/Train Times