Title image - Warsop Web
Link to home page
Parish Council

 

Warsop Parish Council Meeting Minutes - Monday 19th April 2004

Warsop Parish Council
Town Hall
Church Street
Warsop
Notts NG20 0AL
01623 846011

MINUTES of the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 19th April, 2004 in the Council Chamber, Town Hall, Market Warsop at 18.30 hours.

Present: Cllrs. A. Wetton, Chairman (also Mansfield District Councillor), J. Allin, Vice Chairman, B. Smith (also Nottinghamshire County Councillor), D. Priest, V. Jennings, S. Shields (also Mansfield District Councillor), J. Kerr and P. Crawford.

Inspector Dave Shardlow, Neighbourhood Warden Mac & Members of the Public

Apologies for Absence: Cllrs. L. Kingdon (training course), D. Avison, (family commitments), R. Morton (Mansfield District Councillor) (on holiday), Marion Kavanagh (family commitments).

7112. DECLARATIONS BY MEMBERS OF PECUNIARY (P) AND NON-PECUNIARY (NP) INTEREST
The Chairman drew the attention of Members to the requirement for them to declare any Pecuniary or Non-Pecuniary Interests related to Agenda items.

CCTV/Warsop Landmark/Age Concern (NP) - Cllr. J. Allin
Christmas Lights/Welbeck Colts/Warsop Carnival (NP) Cllr. A. Wetton
Meden Vale 2000 (NP) - Cllrs. S. Shields, R. Morton, J. Kerr and V. Jennings
Warsop and Villages Enterprise Society WAVES (NP) - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, B. Smith, R. Morton and M. Kavanagh
Friends of the Carrs/JAG (NP) - Cllr. L. Kingdon
Church Warsop Tenants & Residents Association/Meden Under 5's (NP) - Cllr. M. Kavanagh.
Leicester Housing Association (NP) - V. Jennings
Association of Labour Councillors (NP) - Cllrs. A. Wetton, J. Allin, B. Smith, D. Priest. S. Shields, R. Morton, V. Jennings, J. Kerr and P. Crawford.

7113. MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
The minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Monday 15th March, 2004, were accepted as a true record.

7114. MATTERS ARISING OUT OF MINUTES - None

7115. CRIME AND DISORDER
The Chairman introduced Inspector Dave Shardlow who gave a report about the Police Motorcycle in Warsop. He assured everyone that there is no intention of getting rid of the motorcycle but will gain a new one from their vehicle leasing company, the only matter to be decided is whether to have a road bike or an off-road bike, although an off-road bike will involve more training for Clyde Derbyshire. He also reported that Sgt Fretwell is leaving and Frank Fischer is off due to ill health and may not return before his retirement.
He asked if Warsop Parish Council would highlight the top 10 problems in the Parish in order that he may look at ways of addressing them, with the new Anti-social Behaviour laws the Police have more powers to deal with petty crime.
Cllr. V. Jennings asked how to get in contact with him. Insp Shardlow replied that he would prefer a document from the Parish Council listing the most serious problems. He then talked about dispersal of groups and the new laws to deal with this particular problem.
Cllr. V. Jennings reported a motorcycle rider who is speeding on Netherfield Lane with no regard for anyone's safety and near knocked someone over on the pedestrian crossing. Insp Shardlow will look into it.
John Kerr asked if we would be able to keep Neighbourhood Wardens and increase their numbers as they are having a positive feedback.
Insp Shardlow replied that it is all down to funding, the budget at the moment doesn't cover for anymore but he is looking at funding for more. He also reported that Dianne Matthews has just been seconded to the ASBO team for 3 months and will claw back the funding for her.
Cllr. J. Allin reported that the NMT had not been consulted about Dianne being seconded but had agreed to roll out funding for the next 2 years. There is a new government initiative coming in but if the funding is not available he suggested that Warsop Parish Council could precept to pay for them.

7116. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
Discussions took place with Councillors, members of the public, the Neighbourhood Warden, Mac and Insp Dave Shardlow regarding Anti-social behaviour orders and how they are implemented.
1. A member of the public asked when would the meeting with John Mann MP, asked for by the residents of the Royal Estate, be taking place.
2. A member of the public asked if there had been anymore developments with Meden Valley Making Places.
3. A member of public reported that a burglary had taken place on George Street and the resident had to pay for a burglar alarm whilst residents on the Royal Estate get them free.

The Chairman closed Public Participation
THE MEETING WAS RECOVENED

7117. MATTERS ARISING OUT OF PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
1. The Chairman replied he thought that it had been arranged for Friday 30th April at the Legion but asked the Clerk to check this and find out the time with Lyn Clarke, Chairman of the Residents Association.
2. The Chairman replied not much since the last meeting, they are now looking favourably to refurbishment of some properties and to build affordable housing first. The plans that everyone keeps referring to are not definite plans but proposals of what could happen. Cllr. J. Allin continued that they would keep a nucleus of the better properties and these would be for people wanting to stay until redevelopment.
3. Insp Shardlow said that they would look at individual needs i.e. if the person is elderly and receive no income, they had recently installed free alarms at Wellington Close after a spate of burglaries there. Cllr. D. Priest added that he had been talking to Alan Booth regarding the provision of free alarms on Appleton Street and surrounding area.

7118. SURESTART
Bids for the contract came in overpriced, they have gone out on a tender basis and now contracts are almost ready for letting. It is hoped that construction will reconvene at the end of this month. The day nursery roof is completed and the interior is being done.
7119. ROYAL ESTATE
Already covered in Public Participation.

7120. WOOD STREET
This project is now completed and the monies were paid by 31st March 2004 V0099

7121. REDUNDANT BUILDING SIDE OF TOWN HALL
Nothing to report.

7122. PLANNING APPLICATIONS
It was decided, after discussion, that as there was not enough time to discuss planning applications in any detail at full council meetings a sub-committee should be formed with Cllrs. J. Kerr, P. Crawford, M. Kavanagh and L. Kingdon to have delegated powers to make decision on planning applications before full meetings.
a. Bath Farm, Sookholme - extension, rebuild & conversion of barn
b. 135A Sherwood Street, Warsop - vent extraction flue through roof
c. 13 Elkesley Road, Meden Vale - 1st floor side extension
d. Warsop Health Centre - erection of primary healthcare facility
e. Land off Wood Lane, Church Warsop - change of use, recreational
f. Nettleworth Farm, Sookholme - change use from stables to livery
g. Hall Farm, Sookholme - proposed agricultural store building
h. 34 Sherwood Street, Warsop - signage
i. Sookholme Road, Sookholme - conversion of outbuilding to dwelling
j. Nettleworth Manor - upgrading of existing access road
k. 6 Robin Hood Avenue, Warsop - extensions and conservatory
l. Spring Farm Cottage, Sookholme - certificate of lawfulness
m. Land off Manor Road, Church Warsop - two detached stone garages
n. Adj The Bungalow, 56 Birch Street, Church Warsop - 5 dwellings
o. Sherwood Store, Robin Hood Avenue, Warsop - residential dwelling
The above were presented and it was decided to support d. e. & o. no other comments were made.

7123. CORRESPONDENCE
a. Cuckney Parish Council - The Chairman reported that the Parish Council
were consulted before planning was granted for the height of the spoil heap to
be raised and supported it so that Welbeck Colliery could carry on working. It
will be hidden with screening in the future. Cllr. J. Allin added that when the
Parish Council were invited to visit the site they were assured it would be safe.
b. Mansfield District Council - The Chairman reported that the Parish Council
had never applied for funding from the District Council under Section 137 of
the Local Government Act 1972 before and although it seems that we were too
late on this occasion, we should apply for next year but he will reply to the
letter.

7124. WARSOP AREA HOUSING
Cllr. D. Priest reported that the flats on Perlethorpe Avenue, Meden Vale were being let to anyone and tenants were not being vetted. There is overcrowding in the flats, people sleeping on the landings and people coming and going all the time. Cllr. Priest has put details in a letter to the Clerk who has since written to Mansfield District Council and has received a reply back that the letter is receiving attention at they will look into the matters and report their findings back to the Clerk. Discussions took place regarding this problem and The Chairman suggested an invite to Kelly Scott, Mansfield District Council to attend the next full Council meeting to explain their lettings procedure.

7125. WARSOP AND DISTRICT NEWS
The Clerk reported that the May edition was well underway with extra advertising revenue secured. The paper was full again with some articles being held over for next month, quotes are being obtained for the possibility of 4 extra mono pages and the Clerk will report on this next month.

7126. CARNIVAL.
The Chairman reported that rather than cram everything into one day, the Carnival will take place over 2 days with a sports theme on Saturday 3rd July on Carr Lane with Skateboard Heaven, a BMX Regional meet, football matches and a bowls tournament. The main Carnival will be on Sunday 4th July with The Royal Artillery Motorcycle and Parachute Team, a climbing wall and recruitment drive. There will be the usual Parade, Classic Car Show, Flower Show, Fun Fair and Stalls. The Carnival is again being fully supported by the CHAD and the Chairman thanked Warsop Parish Council for their support of £5,000 (cheque to be presented to Warsop Carnival - V0100)
Cllr. V. Jennings suggested that the old bowls cup be brought back in for the Carnival Bowls Tournament, the Clerk will bring it to the next meeting.

7127. 3 PARISHES WALK
The Clerk showed the medal, from Glascraft, to members and reported that registration forms were coming in now. She told members of the sudden death of Charlie Barlow, her father-in-law and communications co-ordinator for RAYNET and advised that Charles Perry would probably be the co-ordinator for this year.

7128. MEDEN VALE 2000
Minutes were circulated to all members comments were made about the PIN Team not coming out to Meden Vale but Cllr. D. Priest reported that they had been picking up the litter along Netherfield Lane, today.

7129. TOWN CENTRE GROUP
Minutes were circulated to all members.

7130. WARSOP PARISH REGENERATION AGENCY
Minutes were circulated to all members, reference was made to the new Health Centre and the two shops on the front, could the stone be reused? The Chairman reported that the shops are to remain and will be converted into the new Pharmacy.

7131. BANK BALANCES AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
Lloyds TSB Current Account - 29 Mar 04 …………. £2,964.29
Lloyds TSB Premier Account - 29 Mar 04 ………… £13,779.66
Co-op Bank Current Account - 29 Mar 04 .…………. £5,859.07
Co-op Bank Deposit Account - 29 Mar 04 ………… £10,951.12

It was agreed that the following accounts would be paid:
V0101. Delivery of Warsop News ………………………………. £180.00
V0102. Postage ………………………………………………….. £30.00
V0103. Pen-it Graphics Warsop News - February Edition ……… £528.75
V0104. Mortons Printers Warsop News - February Edition ……. £1,030.00
V0105. Glascraft - Medals for 3 Parishes Walk ………………. £133.65
V0106. Notts C.C. - Rent and Photocopying …………………… £664.35

7132. NOTTS. COUNTY COUNCIL
Cllr. B. Smith drew attention to the 2 publications issued by Notts.C.C., Notts, County News and Your Environment. He also showed a document, Building Better Communities which he will photocopy for each member, Cllr. Smith has made 4 bids for this funding,
Meden Vale shrub beds - clear the bigger one and retain the smaller ones with replanting.
School Travel Plan - A bus lay-by at Meden School. 2 new bus shelters in Meden Vale, move the ones from Church Warsop that are no longer used and the Car Park on the Carrs to be renewed. The most worthwhile bids will be successful and he will report at the next meeting if any decisions have been made.
Cllr. P. Crawford asked if Notts.C.C. have a policy to get everyone on the twin bin system eventually? Cllr. S. Smith replied that it is but it is Mansfield District Council that implements the system.

7133. MANSFIELD DISTRICT COUNCIL
Discussions followed about the failure of the twin bin system and all members agreed that a collection of the green bin once a fortnight is not enough, particularly for families.
Cllr. P. Crawford gave a report of the Standards and Appeals Training that he and other members had attended at Mansfield District Council. Cllr. B. Smith suggested a change to the wording of the item Declarations ……. for the next meeting.
The Neighbourhood Warden Elijah Porte McIntyre finished with an update on the Royal Estate.

7134. ITEMS FOR THE NEXT AGENDA
The Clerk is to be informed of any items 14 days prior to the next meeting.

7135. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING - Monday 17th May, 2004


Signed …………………………………… Dated ……………………
Chairman Warsop Parish Council

Return to Parish Council Menu >>>>

 

Button linking to Articles section

Button linking to Business section

Button linking to Education section

Button linking to Food and Drink

Button linking to Leisure section

Button linking to Links section

Button linking to Messages section

Button linking to Property section

Button linking to Service section

Button linking to Warsop and District News

Slide show of Warsop images linking to gallery

Gallery

ICRA label graphic- linking to ICRA page

Bobby Approved (v 3.2)

Update 5/12/07

Warsop & District News

Warsop Web logo

Contact us

Local Weather

BT Phone Book

National Lottery

Where is Warsop

Bus/Train Times